Exam Uganda welcomes you to Go through these steps to achieve a score result of 7 in your ielts at the British Council Uganda centre.
Step one: Find British Council Uganda an official IELTS test centre
To register for ielts in exam in Uganda you need to find the local test location center and that’s British Council Uganda in Kampala. Follow this address to British Council Uganda ·
- Kabira Country Club, Old kira road, ·
- P.O.Box 7070, Kampala, Uganda
- Tel: +256 414 560800
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: https://www.britishcouncil.ug/exam/ielts
There are 2 test centers British Council, Kampala – Bomah Hotel Gulu and in Lira district
Step two: register for your IELTS test
There are two types of registration that you can do after registering for ielts exam in Uganda in 10 steps
- Register and pay online
- Download an application form to print, complete and submit to the British council
Step three: choose the type of test you want to take
|IELTS Academic and General Training – paper-based test (for tests until 17 January 2020)*||UGX 1,001,200|
|IELTS Academic and General Training – computer-delivered||UGX 1,001,200|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||UGX 1,098,400|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||UGX 729,000|
Step four: Your IELTS test is booked
British council Uganda will process your application, and send you a written confirmation of the date and time of your test. The Speaking and Writing tests typically take place on the same day. If this is not possible, the tests will take place within seven days of each other.
Step five: Take IELTS test at the British Council Uganda
British council Uganda offers two types of IELTS tests
Step six: Items to have during your registration process
You will need and receive the following after registering for ielts exam in Uganda,
- Valid ID passport or national ID card (for Uganda Nationals) since you need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test.
- You will receive IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal.
- Make sure you have a correct email address, when you book your test.
- candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Once you have made the payment, please send us the payment receipt or detailswith the rest of your registration documents to [email protected].
Step seven: Prepare for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
(IELTS) is designed to measure English proficiency for educational, vocational and immigration purposes. The IELTS measures an individual’s ability to communicate in English across four areas of language:
- writing and
Step eight: When are the IELTS tests are available?
ielts tests are available on 48 fixed dates each year, usually Saturdays and sometimes Thursdays, and may be offered up to four times a month at the British Council Uganda
Step nine: When are the Test results are available?
After registering for ielts exam in Uganda, Ilets Test results are available online 13 days after your test date. You can either receive your Test Report Form by post or collect it from the British Council Uganda. You will normally only receive one copy of the Test Report Form, but you can always ask for 5 copies if you are applying for UK or Canada immigration
A take home after registration
- Read the Information for Candidates , which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. And download a PDF copy of the guidelines.